Present world is full of hustle and bustle and fast life. People hardly get time to take care of their health in a leisurely way. Nonetheless, this fleeting attitude invariably takes a toll on health and we come across size-able amount of young people also who suffer from many ailments.
In order to have a long and healthy life, it is good to start early and build your immunity.
IMMUNE BOOSTING FOODS
Immunity booster food is the component of your diet that helps to increase your resistance power to fight against illness causing bacteria and viruses. We aim to take a balanced meal to remain fit. However, incorporation of these certain ingredients in diet helps to achieve double benefits – weight control and great immunity.
Immune system booster foods
- Citrus fruits: These are excellent source of vitamin C that helps fight common ailments like cold, cough and flu. Instead of an aerated drink to quench thirst, besides drinking water, a glass of fresh fruit juice does wonders to boost immunity.
- Almonds: This nut is not only a great brain tonic, but also a food for increasing immunity. Almonds are rich in vitamin E, manganese, magnesium and fiber. Soaking the almonds before consumption increase the chances of better release of the nutrients.
- Ginger and garlic: These two ingredients are normally used in cooking. Ginger is used in making desserts and tea. They both have antioxidant properties and aid digestion too.
- Broccoli: This vegetable is packed with vitamins A, C, E and good amount of fiber. It has many other antioxidants. The best way to serve it is either lightly steamed or stir fried.
- Sweet potatoes: Instead of eating white potatoes, the sweet potatoes have more fiber and beta carotene that is Vitamin A and are better option. This is digested slowly and keeps you satiated for a longer time.
- Spinach: Rich in vitamin C and flavonoids, spinach is high in fiber content. Cook it lightly to get maximum health benefits.
- Green tea: It is a great antioxidant and has been used by many to control weight. Green as well as black tea is packed with flavonoids that helps build immunity.
- Turmeric: Curcumin in turmeric is responsible to fight against diseases. It has anti-inflammatory properties and is common additive in curries and vegetable preparations.
- Yoghurt: Live and active cultures in yoghurt are responsible to build immune system. Probiotics, found in curd and other fermented products help strengthen the intestines and encourage good digestion.
- Papaya: This fruit can be found all year round and is packed with vitamin C. Besides, it also has decent amount of Folate, magnesium and potassium – all of which are helpful for immunity boosting. The enzyme papain present in the fruit has anti-inflammatory properties.
HOW TO BOOST IMMUNE SYSTEM NATURALLY?
There is a constant thought in mind, “How to get a better immune system?” Well, the answer is easy. Apart from choice of healthy food, it is essential to lead a disciplined lifestyle.
When you give the body adequate exercise and rest, it results in active blood circulation and proper supply of oxygen to body. These are two vital points to have a healthy body. Effective repair of cells and tissues is important to stand strong to fight against disease causing bacteria.
HOW TO INCREASE IMMUNITY?
Simple rules to improve immunity are taking a balanced, healthy diet that has sensible incorporation of the above mentioned foods. There are other foods like poultry, shell fish and oily fish, many other fruits and nuts that help in increasing the resistance power in the body.
Eating fresh, home cooked food and avoiding junk food is another way to increase immunity, since home cooked food is prepared with care, taking into account all the beneficial ingredients.
Thus the next time you have doubts about how to improve immunity, just follow the above mentioned tips and lead a tension- free, healthy life.