Bipolar disorder is a slowly spreading nervous disorder, interfering with the brain related activities and there are extreme mood swings, and alterations in energy as well as activity levels. This is a condition characterized by periods with prominent or maybe petulant feeling that can be called as bipolar mania. And at times it accompanies with it an acute depression, the bipolar depression. A patient can spontaneously switch between bipolar mania and depressive disorders and these alterations can be almost sudden.
Extreme manic attacks can at times result in such psychotic signs and symptoms as delusions and also hallucinations. These attacks differ by intervals of habitual mood. However, as seen in some cases, there is a condition that begins and is called rapid biking which occurs when depression alternates quickly with mania.
Types of Bipolar disease or disorder
There are four types of bipolar disorders or bipolar disease being listed henceforth.
- Bipolar I disorder
This is serious type of bipolar disorder in which manic episodes along with depression symptoms last for about a week or two and the person needs to be hospitalized.
- Bipolar II disorder
Comparatively milder than the above type of manic episodes called hypomanic episodes along with mild depressive behavior.
This kind of disorder is characterized by various hypomanic episodes simultaneously along with depressive disorders lasting for nearly 2 years or more.
There may be condition of bipolar disease which may not match the above three and shows some different signs and symptoms. Practitioners call it unspecified bipolar disorder.
Bipolar disorder symptoms
By acknowledging the signs and symptoms of bipolar mania and bipolar depression beforehand, you can fight a good battle against the bipolar disease. Let’s know them one by one.
Bipolar mania and hypomania symptoms
- Patients of mania have sensations that are unusually higher and positive and might be very irritable.
- They tend to overestimate their values regarding their capabilities or forces.
- They don’t get enough sleep, and are highly sensitive to all sensations.
- Talking rapidly about subjects that other people can’t continue and then showing over enthusiasm with alternating ideas one after another.
- Other than this, their common sense and ability to focus on a particular subject or thing is impaired. They are extremely distracted beings.
- Hypomania is milder form of bipolar mania and the patients suffering from this tend to feel over excited and over lively.
- They like to set and follow an everyday routine that is far away from realism.
- For mentally healthy people, it might appear as if these individuals suffering with hypomania are merely the individuals displaying unusually great mood and nothing else is wrong with them.
Bipolar depression symptoms
The depressive disorders and manic episodes occur simultaneously in Bipolar disorder. Above listed are the symptoms of bipolar mania and here we list bipolar depression symptoms.
- The patients exhibit loss of hope.
- They feel they are unfortunate and idle souls.
- Howsoever joyous the moment is, they never rejoice and feel happy about it.
- Besides this, they feel lack of energy and physical strength.
- There is also mental sluggishness, changes in appetite and body weight and sometimes there is an urge to commit suicide.
There are some common symptoms too for both bipolar mania and bipolar depression: Sleep problems
Sleep problems are common for all bipolar mania and depressive people. They also have disturbances in memory and concentration. Often they complain of being worthless and feel guilty about everything in life.
Treatment for bipolar disorder
Now-a-days doctors have a comprehensive treatment for bipolar disorder for its sufferers. The treatment is intended to ease signs and bipolar symptoms, re-establish the capability to function and therefore mend all such problems that the condition had caused- both at home as well as at workplace. Not only this, it also reduces the likelihood of repetition of the bipolar disorder symptoms.
The comprehensive strategy to combat bipolar disorder includes various treatment for bipolar disorder as given below:
Treat Bipolar disorder with medicines: It is acknowledged as the most effective cure ever against Bipolar Disorder. Going for such a mood patronage medication assists patients in minimizing the extreme mood swings of bipolar disorder and helps uphold the bipolar disorder symptoms in check.
Curing it with herbal products: The bipolar disorder symptoms can be reduced using certain natural products like fish oil, ashwagandha and brahmi.
Psychotherapy is the key: Psychotherapy treatments are essential for coping with this bipolar disorder and also the psychological effects it has caused. A counselor can help you learn how you can handle tough or unpleasant thoughts, to restore your associations, manage your stress levels.
Knowledge and information gathering: By the means of comprehensive knowledge of any illness, you can save yourself a lot of trouble. Training is the key element of every therapy.
Maintaing healthy lifestyle: You must have a sustaining lifestyle combined with nutritious and balanced diet. A regular rest schedule, avoiding alcohol and drugs, carrying out a steady workout program and minimizing tension is very important to make your treatment for bipolar disorder effective.
Practice yoga and meditation: This way you can remove unwanted stress and ailments from your life completely. The treatment for bipolar disorder will be much more effective and successful when it is accompanied by daily yoga and meditation.
So, be aware if you feel you are going towards this bipolar disease. Check the initial bipolar disorder symptoms and start with therapies as the treatment for bipolar disorder.