Everyone knows that by the process of baby breastfeeding, an infant tries to derive all its nutrients and breast milk is the main source of food for the child. Many of the gynecologists and doctors are emphasizing on the benefits of breastfeeding for child health and urging the new mothers to continue with breastfeeding and the monetary support given by the American Academy of Paediatrics and the American College of Obstetricians (AAP and ACO) stands as a testimony to our claims.
Breastfeeding is the process of feeding a baby with breast milk. This milk is produced through mammary glands present in a female’s body and contains all the essential nutrients like vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, etc. Let’s know about the importance of breastfeeding and how breastfeeding benefits both the nursing mother and the baby being fed with it.
With these situations in hand, it has been such a healthier option to celebrate the breastfeeding week in 2016, which served as an awareness to the other new mothers who chose to remain ignorant about breastfeeding benefits. Of course, until now breastfeeding was getting viewed as a personal interest. Well, your child health is your concern and you can choose whether to feed or not to feed. But, keeping the due interest of the child health in mind, we would like to suggest some facts about benefits of breastfeeding and breast milk for infants.
Breast milk and breastfeeding benefits for child health
- Breast milk is a balanced diet for the infants. It is the ideal mix of minerals, fat and vitamins which the infant desperately needs for its growth. Your breast milk has 20 calories per ounce. So, think about the amount of nutrients your baby is going to get..!!
- During initial few days, breast milk comes in the form of thick yellowish liquid called colostrum. This colostrum contains special antibodies and proteins that help in strengthening the digestive system of infant and also boosts immune system.
- It decreases the risk of sudden death of new born baby. Also, it prevents the occurrence of leukemia during childhood.
- It has been scientifically proved that those babies who are breastfed continuously for the 6 months have a higher immunity level as compared to those babies who aren’t. So, if you determine to go for baby breastfeeding, your child will develop low vulnerability towards eye and ear infections; have a lower amount of respiratory diseases.
- breastfeeding benefits child’s mental health too. Those babies who are breastfed are intellectually well-found as compared to those children who grow in normal conditions or with packed milk. These babies have a higher intelligent quotient and their brains are activated in a profound manner. Also, these children are very responsive to physical and emotional actions and show a greater response to their external environment.
- In today’s world, we have a huge array of diseases whose origins and causes are unknown. This trend will not decrease in forthcoming years and if we want our child to be a hale and healthy child, there is no other option available to us other than baby breastfeeding. This is another instance depicting importance of breastfeeding.
- Breast milk has a huge amount of antibodies which will lengthen the lifespan of your child, affecting your child health in a great way. So, please breastfeed your child for at least a year.
- If you don’t want your child to become susceptible to allergies, then please breastfeed your child.
The importance of breastfeeding for women health
- There is a common misconception that breastfeeding reduces the beauty of a woman. But, the fact is- no, it doesn’t. In fact, breastfeeding aids a woman to burn more calories and helps her to shed the post-pregnancy weight faster.
- By baby Breastfeeding, the hormone Oxytocin is released in plenty, which aids a woman’s uterus to come back to its original size and aids in the overall improvement of health of a woman.
- If you continuously breastfeed your child for, say, six months, you can save many of your trips to the paediatrics and gynaecologists, as higher the amount of breastfeeding lowers the number of chances to go to the doctor to get petty ailments treated.
- Not just this, benefits of breastfeeding can be observed in other areas also. Like, it prevents women from the risk of developing breast cancers.
- Besides all the above benefits of breastfeeding, there is one more striking thing related to baby breastfeeding and that is enhanced emotional bonding and love between the mother and the child.
Though breastfeeding is a personal option, it is an aspect of showing your selflessness too. More than our beauty, it is child health and the life of our child which holds more relevance. Thus, it is our esteemed responsibility to provide the best for our child. There may also be some other breastfeeding benefits your child gains. It is just that not all the merits are yet disclosed. So, please inculcate this habit and lead healthy lives.
So, when you know these benefits of breastfeeding, go for it. Make your child a better and healthful person to live. Be proud to breastfeed. Remember you will be giving your child blessings for his/her whole life without losing much at your end.
Related product to help pump breast milk