What is Depression?
Depression is a mental illness that makes a person completely hopeless and surrounded by despair all the time. It affects mental health severely that a person loses interest in living his/her life happily. Thus, depression symptoms should never be neglected.
It’s an undeniable fact that depression to life is like termite to wood. The reason behind this crazy comparison is they both result in same thing, i.e. disaster, curbing life. This disorder comes with a strong determination of ruining one’s life completely. And sadly, many people do not even have an idea that it has entered their lives. So, before it succeeds in its motto, let’s get aware of what are the causes of depression, along with symptoms and signs of depression, so that we can give it a good fight.
Get here some simple ways to keep depression at bay, The Easiest Ways To Deal With Depression Fast
Causes of depression, a mental illness:
As per experts, this mental disorder is mainly caused by the amalgamation of social, psychological as well as biological factors. Some causes are being told here:
- It is also observed that sometimes hereditary factors are also a reason behind depression.
- Stress at workplace, at home or at school may also drag one towards this ailment.
- People with low self-confidence and self –esteem are more prone to this disease.
- Loss of dear ones and problematic relationships also invite depression to make someone its abode. Read, how to Maintain Great Relationship With Your Spouse and also, How To Deal With Broken Heart
- Financial difficulties can also generate it.
- Other diseases like Cancer, Parkinson’s disease etc. also trigger depression. Read about Breast Cancer Prevention and Advantages of Breastfeeding
Major depression symptoms:
- Tenacious feelings of unhappiness, anxiety and emptiness in life.
- Feelings of Uselessness and pessimistic attitude.
- Feeling guilty and helpless.
- Minimized or no interest at all in the activities that were once extremely pleasurable.
- Fatigue or loss of energy.
- Weakened memory and difficulty in decision making.
- Sleep disorders which includes either lack of proper sleep, insomnia, or excessive sleep. Read about Dealing With Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Loss of hunger resulting in weight reduction or overeating leading to weight gain. Hormones may also be responsible for unexplained weight changes. Read, Hormonal Imbalance Weight Gain
- Feeling of restlessness and cantankerousness.
- Digestive disorders or headaches that do not fade away with medicines. Learn to Cure Digestion Naturally and Onion Treating Digestive Disorder
- Thinking about suicidal attempts.
- Always wanting to talk and talk more.
- Rapid thought process. Changes in moods and thoughts every now and then may be one of the Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- Alterations in social behavior.
- Augmented sexual urge. Before laying with anybody or many (bodies) learn how over doing it may be harmful for you. Read, Sexual Diseases STI
Guys, life is very precious. This mental illness might not seem so dangerous to you initially. But, to tell you the truth, it makes one’s life extremely miserable with the passage of time. So, if you think you have any of these depression symptoms, it’s better to see a doctor or a psychiatrist rather than handling it lightly or if it has just stepped into your life, some natural remedies can also cure it. Remember, this is your life and you have already struggled a lot to live it. No more carelessness towards it please.