The Migraine, throbbing pain on either side of the head, may be triggered due to hormonal imbalance, dehydration, alcoholism or substance abuse, excessive physical exertion, over stressing yourself, tiresome daily routine, lack of fulfilling sleep, etc. Thankfully, there are many best home remedies for migraines which will be listed in the article henceforth along with acupressure for migraines towards its end.
The symptoms of migraine may vary from person to person. For some, food cravings or skin irritations may be an onset of a migraine, while for others constipation, stiffening of the neck, can be a sign of an upcoming migraine headache. Although, migraine does not have any permanent treatment, yet preventing the contributors of this condition can be of great help. Let’s learn few best home remedies for migraines that can come handy when you seek an instant headache relief.
Simple yet miraculous best home remedies for migraines
- To relieve the stressed and swollen veins in the brain, ice cubes may work very well. Take a small towel and put few ice cubes in it. Put the towel on head, behind the neck and on forehead each for 15 minutes.
- If you want an instant headache relief, add peppermint oil drops in the ice cubes and then keep them in a towel and follow the above process.
- Peppermint has swelling reducing properties. You can have peppermint green tea or simply take a teaspoon of honey adding to it few drops of peppermint oil.
- Massage you head, the region around your eyes and back of the ear with either peppermint oil or almond oil or the oil prepared like this; add some cinnamon and two cardamom pieces in sesame oil. Luke warm it and the oil is ready to be used as a home remedy for migraines.
- Get a fulfilling sleep of minimum eight hours, and if you are unable to sleep well, try this remedy. Take a glass luke warm milk every night before you retire to bed. But…but…do not forget to add 1/4 tsp of cinnamon to it. You can boil cinnamon bark in the milk or use its powder instead. The amino acids present in the spice will calm down your mind and help you have a great and stress-free sleep.
- Cinnamon milk is a great home remedy to boost your immune system too.
- Daily have a glass of water with 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and the same quantity of honey as soon as you get up from the bed in the morning. This remedy will stop migraines from occurring.
- Cayenne pepper is also useful against migraines. Take half cup lukewarm water with honey and lemon in it and add half tsp of this cayenne pepper too in it. Drink this mixture when you want an instant headache relief.
- Chew some raw ginger if you have strong migraine pain. Else include ginger green tea in your diet.
- Make it a habit of putting two drops of almond oil in each nostril daily before you fall asleep. This is a highly effective home remedy for migraines.
- Do practise yoga and meditation daily and also learn acupressure for migraines.
- Another great way to fight recurring migraines is practise lovemaking and have satisfying relations with your spouse.
- Apart from these best home remedies for migraines, there is an advice: Do not plunge on an unhealthy diet. No matter how badly your tongue craves for the taste. Here is a small guide for the right and wrong food for migraines.
Diet for migraine patients
- People suffering from this condition should thrive on lots of liquid foods like soup, lemon squash, lemonades, green tea, buttermilk, cow milk, coconut water and even plain water. But, tea, coffee, alcohol are a big no-no. They will just worsen the condition.
- Taking plenty of fruits and green vegetables is a must if you want to keep migraines at bay. Add a daily dose of one apple in your routine, at least.
- Avoid spicy and oily foods as they may further instigate headaches.
- Stop smoking and limit your intake of chocolates too.
Acupressure for migraines and instant headache relief
Baba Ramdev, A well-known yoga guru, tells about the magical effects of pranayama and acupressure for migraines that can treat migraines permanently. These are undoubtedly the best home remedies for migraines that can be practised comfortably by anyone to get instant headache relief.
- Top of the ring finger – Press top portion of ring fingers of both the hands for five minutes.
- Top of the thumb – Press top part of both the thumbs for 5 minutes.
- Kidney point mandatory
Do not forget to press kidney points in both the palms after you have pressed ring finger and thumb points. The kidney point lies right in the middle of the palm.
- Similar points in feet – Press thumbs top and third finger tip of both the feet too.
- The end point of eyebrows – Hold both the points with either thumb right after where the eyebrows end and press them for five minutes.
- Middle of the scalp point – Place middle finger in the middle of the scalp and press the point slowly.
- Medulla point
On the back of the head, in the middle, and the starting of the neck, is a hollow cavity. Just press slowly this hollow part. But be careful, straining much on the point can make you go faint.
So, please apply these best home remedies for migraines in your life and live a migraine free life. Also, share with us which of the remedies suited you best and how much you benefitted from acupressure for migraines.
Related Product that you can buy to reduce your pain.