Homemade perfume is trending these days. All you need to do to have your own natural perfume is know the right steps to make it. Perfume lovers who want a luscious, long lasting and skin friendly natural fragrance without cutting their pockets hard can easily try simple steps given in the article to have their own perfume bottle ready.
A nice fragrance can enchant anyone. Be it an aroma wafting from the kitchens of our mothers to the gentle and sweet aroma that enters our nostrils from the evening breeze to the scents of the famous perfumes; every scent has a unique character to it. If we think a little deeper, we can say that smell is always tied to our memories. Thus, we like perfumes a lot as it evokes a sense of happiness in us with its sweet fragrance.
In addition to this, these perfumes also save us when we follow an ‘I didn’t have a bath today’ ritual. In today’ market, there are many perfume brands that offer us a melange of various natural fragrance (s) in varied price ranges. Right from lavender to rose; to chamomile, jasmine and sandal, many fragrances that are loved by innumerable people are present.
Now, what will you do, if I say that you can make a completely homemade perfume that is 100% genuine, organic and natural and is highly skin-friendly? Apart from all these, it emits a fragrance that can give a tough competition to various perfume brands, like, Chanel, Yves-Saint, and Ralph Lauren etc.
Sounds wonderful and aromatic right? Yes, through this article we are going to precisely look into that aspect only. Please follow each aspect closely and retain the volume of the essential oils as said here, because, these ratios only aid you to obtain the perfect smell that is more like the famous perfumes.
The homemade perfume for a natural fragrance
Take all the essential oils and ingredients listed below, in the listed ratio. Follow properly the steps given:
- Vanilla oil (you can either take a homemade extract or buy the extract alone from any perfume store) – 1 Tsp
- Cedar extract (an aromatic oil with a natural fragrance) – 3 drops
- Vetiver oil (it is an aromatic root which has aromatic properties and acts as a natural sweat reducer. This root and oil is available in all Indian markets and online also) – 4 drops
- Ylang Ylang (an essential oil derived from the flowers of the same name) – 3 drops
- Sandalwood oil (highly skin-friendly; available in all the groceries) – 4 drops
- Frankincense (to increase the natural fragrance quotient of your perfume) – 8 to 9 drops
Now that we have selected all the base materials, we shall consider the mid-materials (i.e.) those which are needed to be used in the mid-production stage. The materials mentioned here can be brought at any perfume store. These materials only will enhance the aromatic quotient of your perfume and will make yours to compete with famous perfumes brands.
- Bergamot (more like an orange extract; available in any perfume store) or if you don’t exactly like this flavor, you can choose whatever flavor you want to – 4 to 5 drops is enough
- Lavender oil – 3 drops (here, too the choice is entirely yours). Whatever the flavor of your choice is, make sure that you take at least 3 to 4 drops of that essential oil.
- Nerolidol (optional as it is tough to acquire them. It is an essential oil that occurs in the aromatic plants) – 4 to 5 drops.
- Apart from these, select any mild-tone oils like rose, geranium, jasmine etc., to spice up your perfume a bit.
- Finally, take 4 ounces of alcohol (non-liquor based) for the preservation of your scents.
Mix all the ingredients (the base essential oils alone) given in step 1 in an opaque bottle. Stir them and leave them behind for at least a day. Let the mixture get nicely blended with them. After a day, mix the vanilla extract with the oil mixture and add the alcohol in this stage itself, to make the scents merge with each other. Let the mixture be retained for a few hours. After some 2 hours (say), mix all the items given in step 2 and stir this mixture completely.
Keep the mixture in a cool place for at least a month and start using it. This perfume with wonderful natural fragrance will simply make anyone’s head turn. It is your homemade perfume which will cost you nothing when compared to the products of the famous perfumes.