The colorful wobbly jellies, especially apple jelly is usually kid’s favorite. In any season or at any festival like Diwali 2016, it is one of the most liked refreshments the kids rely on to kill their hunger with something extremely delicious. But the ones available at shops may be really unsafe and unhealthy for them. There are chances that they might be old and expired and that you would have overlooked it, resulting in food poisoning and upset stomach. If you know how to make jelly, you can easily prepare jelly for kids at home. You would be glad you came across this post for here you will be getting the recipe for jelly and raspberry jam recipe and your little one would be too excited to see his mom preparing such colorful jellies for him.
If the thoughts of your kids’ safety are what that haunt you all day and night, read Best Android Apps For Kids
So, are you ready for making a mouth-watering jelly for kids with this recipe for jelly?
Here we go…
Ingredients for apple jelly and raspberry jam recipe
All that you will need is-
1. 4 cups (1l) of apple juice. (You can add and change it to any other fruit’s flavor. The choice is yours)
2. A cup of frozen raspberries
3. 1 tbsp gelatin
These are the three ingredients that are needed for making the yummy apple jelly for kids.
How to make jelly for kids – recipe for jelly
It’s really simple. You need no culinary skills or classes to attend for making the jelly for kids or for learning any kind of recipe for jelly. Just follow these simple steps and you will be adept with all the knowledge about how to make jelly.
1. Take a saucepan and add 2cups, approx. 500ml of apple juice to it.
2. Add the raspberries to it. Around 7-8 of them.
3. Increase the heat till it is boiled.
4. Remove the saucepan from heat and whisk powdered gelatin in it.
5. Keep whisking and mixing the liquid and gelatin together till it dissolves.
6. When the gelatin is completely dissolved, follow the next step.
7. Use a strainer and remove the raspberry chunks and seeds. You should filter it out and use the plain liquid only.
8. Pour in the plain liquid consisting of apple juice and raspberry pulp in different molds. You can use different shaped bowls, glasses, cups, or the orange peels cut into halves to be used as cups.
9. Refrigerate them for 4-5 hours or until it is completely set. For getting a perfect set jelly, you need to refrigerate it overnight.
Voila!!! The colorful delicious wobbly jelly for kids and for yourself is ready!
Keep this in mind
Some important points to be kept in mind while making jelly is that you should not add sugar to it. Using the powdered gelatin will be easier for making jellies. You can get this powdered gelatin from the supermarkets or shops where you get the baking items.
As a parent, you will always want the best for your little one, a healthy option for everything he swallows. This raspberry jam recipe is extremely healthy and safe choice for your children that will not just soothe their taste buds but also ensure their sound health.