Intelligent people (or people with high IQ) and success do not go hand in hand. This anomaly is explained by emotional intelligence. High emotional intelligence is the reason why those people with low IQs may perform better than those with higher IQs. according to experts, Emotional intelligence is also one of the traits of intelligent people who are successful. Signs that you are intelligent emotionally can only be felt mostly by your peers.
Also, Do you know that studies have revealed a shocking fact? If we say inactive people have higher IQ, will you believe it? Well, read what study says.
Who actually are intelligent people (IQ)?
If we go with the study of human psychology and personality, there are many tests to label intelligent people. Few general traits that can right away segregate high IQ and Low IQ people include, being open-minded, curious, grounded, sensitive to others, possessing a great sense of humor, etc. Yes, of course, these are some of the characteristics of intelligent people.
Deciphering emotional intelligence (EQ)
Emotional intelligence is an abstract concept. It concentrates on making an individual smart from the heart and is less concerned with making them book smart. It comes into play when you interact with other people. EQ is responsible for our decision-making ability as well as behavior when surrounded with complex social relationships. It helps one to communicate well with people and be able to build stronger relationships with them in order to succeed in life.
Is high emotional intelligence helpful?
It is always seen that people with high IQ often neglect the impact of Emotional Intelligence. They feel that EQ has either a very low or no role to play in their lives. But, actually, they are mistaken. A genius might feel isolated from the society because of the lack of understanding or communication skills. High emotional intelligence is helpful here. It will make you the center of the crowd. High emotional intelligence is, therefore, a much sought after quality by those who want to succeed in any field. It helps one in following ways-
- Augments leadership quality and team performance.
- Blesses a person with better decision-making skills.
- Plays a crucial role in person’s overall well-being.
- Reduces work-related stress.
Some traits of intelligent people
Having established the need for emotional intelligence, let’s see some of the traits of intelligent people that set them apart. Most of the traits of intelligent people are like common sense – obvious, but most uncommon. Let’s read more here.
– Curiosity about others – Without being nosy, learn about those around you to understand them and be sensitive to their needs.
– Be aware of yourself – Know your own strengths and weakness to perform to the best of your abilities.
– Adapt to situation – Be flexible and embrace change. This will prepare you to face any change with an alternate plan.
– Judge people – The ability to read people like an open book will help in understanding them accordingly work as a team.
– No negativity – Stay away from anything that leads to negativity which later shows in your person. Read out the Benefits Of Positive Thinking
– Exhibit self-control – Intelligent people avoid exhibition of extreme emotions in public especially. This shows the maturity of character.
– Learn from mistakes – Don’t dwell on the mistakes. Instead, remember the lessons learned to avoid them in the future.
– No expectations – Give spontaneously without expecting a return and this will have a powerful impact. Constantly thinking about others result in strong relationships.
– Don’t seek perfection – Be practical and understand that nothing can be perfect. This will help you achieve more in the limited time and move ahead.
– Satisfied with yourself – Put in your best and be happy with it instead of lamenting on all that you could have done more.
What are the signs that you are intelligent?
A yes to most of the above traits is one of the signs that you are intelligent. But, only having a high IQ does not guarantee your success. It works best when accompanied with emotional intelligence. Intelligent people with high EQ are easy to adapt and in no time display the signs that you are intelligent.