People get infected with STI (Sexually Transmitted Infections) and STDs (Sexually Transmitted diseases) and remain unaware of this fact for long until serious complications begin showing up. Mycoplasma STD or Mycoplasma genitalium is a very new and speedily spreading STI; a lot of people are already suffering from it all over the world. The worst thing is that nobody is yet aware of the Mycoplasma genitalium symptoms. Even doctors are confounded about this unheard of disease, being commonly called as M genitalium. Here, in this article, we bring to your notice some of the most common symptoms of this infection along with Mycoplasma genitalium treatment.
There are so many other STI and STDs as well that spread through sexual contact. Read Sti sexually transmitted infections
Mycoplasma genitalium symptoms
1. If men observe smelly penile discharge they should not take it lightly.
2. Females suffering from unexplained bleeding from the vagina during intercourse need to visit a gynecologist fast.
3. Pain and discomfort felt in testicles or genital area while mating may be one of the Mycoplasma genitalium symptoms.
Facts about Mycoplasma std
1. It is spread through a micro-organism called, Mycoplasma genitalium bacteria of mollicutes class, quite commonly found in male as well as the female reproductive system.
2. Women are three times more prone to catching this new Mycoplasma STD, as compared to men who have resistance to this disease.
3. What is worth worrying is that this sexual disease has long-term adverse effects on health that may or may not be treated by a doctor.
4. It may lead to infertility. Women may also suffer from ectopic pregnancy.
5. This bacteria although was discovered as many as eight years back, but it is only now, during 2016, that it is spreading like fire among youth.
6. The survey conducted in USA as well as UK, showed that around 1% of men and women (including teenagers and middle aged folk) are already infected with this new STI.
Mycoplasma genitalium treatment
The most accurate medicine against Mycoplasma STD was thought to be Azithromycin along with doxycycline. But now this infection has developed resistance towards this medicine. So moxifloxicin is the only drug or medicine that is left for Mycoplasma genitalium treatment as of now. Although, this drug should be given only if azithromycin treatment fails to work.
Preventing sexually transmitted infections
1. Practice safe sex always to reduce the chances of your getting caught by STI or STDs.
2. Use Polyurethane male/female condom.
3. If you think you have already exposed yourself to an infection, get Sti check and Sti screening early to allow for instant treatments.
4. Do not involve physically with many partners.
5. If you think your partner is showing some STI symptoms, avoid having sex with them until they are treated for it.
6. Stay away from drugs and do not get intimate with someone who takes drugs.
7. Get vaccinated for Hepatitis B as well as HPV. Liver diseases make your body less resistant to these infections.
To prevent yourself from this Mycoplasma STD and more other STDs, it is better to play safe and stay healthy. Maintaining high morals is need of the hour. Polygamy may be disastrous. Once caught by some deadly sexually transmitted infection or disease, it may be very difficult to recover.
Product you can buy