Severe mouth ulcers are show stoppers. These white spots with pinkish rings around them may occur in different parts of the mouth causing unbearable pain. There may be myriads of causes of mouth sores that are needed to be searched in particular cases to avoid their recurrence. A normal mouth ulcer tends to fade off as automatically as it comes within 4-5 days. However, if stubborn sores in mouth remain unattended and untreated or do not receive mouth ulcer treatment for a longer period of time, the initially harmless canker sore in mouth, can turn into something causing such severe harm that you could never think of. It may reach the food pipe exposing you to a very serious condition, that may be devastating. We provide here some best ever home remedies for mouth ulcers as well as medicine for mouth ulcer treatment treat them right at the very early stages.
If acne is creating a problem with your socializing with people, read How To Cure Acne Forever
Also read Unbeatable Dark Neck Home Remedies
Causes of mouth sores or mouth ulcer
While many reasons are attributed for getting affected with a canker sore in mouth, the most common causes of mouth sores are as follows-
- Biting the cheek or tongue by chance in an unexpected manner, causing a cut under the cheek or over the tongue that worsens with time and gets converted to severe mouth ulcers.
- People with high acidity levels are more likely to suffer from sores in mouth. Read the facts about Why To Be A Vegetarian here.
- Vitamin B- complex deficiency can also lead to the development of a canker sore.
- A heavy dose of medicines causes heat in the stomach region leading to mouth ulcer.
- Food allergies may also instigate sores in mouth.
Read Health Facts India
Must-do things to prevent a canker sore in mouth
If you are one such person who keeps getting these horrible sores in mouth every now and then, it’s crucial to know the causes of mouth sores in your case so that you can avoid them. And also follow these tips to prevent their intermittency.
- Be a water and fluid baby. Make sure you drink at least 2-3 liters of water per day to flush the toxins out of your body. Also, increase your intake of fluids in the form of juices, coconut water, lemon squash and other cool drinks.
Know more about water and fluid benefits in
- Do take salads along with your meals.
- Avoid meals that may heat up your digestive system. Hot spices, fried food, tea, coffee and alcohol should be particularly kept at arm’s length.
- Reduce stress levels and take proper sleep. If you feel you are suffering from depression, click on the link Ways To Deal With Depression
- Keep your intestine clean and ensure proper bowel movements. Take lemon and honey in lukewarm water daily, as you wake up.
- If you are on medication, make sure you ask your doctor to treat you with low doses of medicines. Also, keep taking ice creams.
Home remedies for mouth ulcers
A canker sore in mouth can be easily and effectively treated at home, but with the right home remedies for mouth ulcers only. If mouth sores do not get treated even with these you are advised to seek medicine for mouth ulcer treatment, the best of which again will be told later in the article.
1. Treat sores in mouth with coriander Seeds
Basically, an Ayurvedic remedy that has been in practice for ages now, this is a proven technique as best home remedies for mouth ulcers. Rinse your mouth affected by severe mouth ulcers, with water drained after boiling 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds in it. Rinse your mouth as many times possible as possible in a day with this water. It will provide gradual relief from canker sore whatever might the causes of your mouth sores be.
2. Honey helps getting rid of canker sore
The antimicrobial properties that honey possesses come in handy to get relief from mouth ulcers in a quick manner. Take a drop of Honey on your finger tip and apply on the ulcers in the mouth. This can be done as many times as possible. Allow the honey to stay on the ulcers for some time before you spit it. This helps retain moisture on the ulcers and cure them quickly.
3. Coconut clears off severe mouth ulcers
Coconut is the simplest way to get rid of those pain-causing sores in mouth. Coconut in any form like oil or milk or paste soothes mouth ulcers effectively. Apply coconut oil or thick coconut paste on the ulcers as many times as feasible for you during the day. Alternatively rinse your mouth with fresh coconut milk 4 to 5 times a day. Your mouth ulcer will kick itself away from you.
4. Tulsi or Basil tarnishes mouth ulcers
Tulsi is known for its high medicinal value. It has healing properties that not only heals any kinds of ulcers but also provides permanent relief from the same through its disinfectant qualities. Chew few leaves of Tulsi or basil 5 to 6 times a day ensuring that the juice extracted by chewing them touches the ulcer affected areas of mouth. Alternatively, grind a handful of Tulsi in water. Drain and gargle with this water 4 to 5 times a day. Ensure you hold the water in your mouth for some time so that Tulsi can work effectively on the ulcers.
5. Liquorice leaves no trace of mouth ulcers
Liquorice possesses high anti-inflammatory properties and cures a canker sore in mouth in an effective way. When you rub the stem of Liquorice with water, you get a paste which must be applied on the mouth ulcers. Alternatively you can go in for Liquorice powder available. Mix this powder with honey and apply on the mouth ulcers as the best home home remedies for mouth ulcers. It will cure your ulcer no matter what are the causes of mouth sores.
6. Poppy Seeds
Ayurveda considers excess heat as one of the causes of mouth sores. When stomach ulcers are caused due to excessive heat in the body, mouth ulcers appear. Poppy seeds are known for their cooling effects as well as anti-inflammatory properties. Just grind poppy seeds with sugar and eat the same 4 to 5 times a day to get instant relief from mouth ulcers. The logic behind this mouth ulcer treatment is that when the bodily heat subsides, stomach and mouth ulcers created due to the heat also wade off.
Some out of the box but very quick ways for instant relief
1. Apply toothpaste over the canker sore in mouth to get instant pain relief.
2. Apply cinnamon powder over severe mouth ulcers.
3. Place an ice cube over mouth ulcer for a cooling effect.
4. Fill your mouth with glycerine. Make it move inside your oral space for some time and then spit.
Best medicine for mouth ulcer treatment ever
As per my experience with severe mouth ulcers that almost put me in bed, I feel along with home remedies for mouth ulcers, we should also use some medicine for mouth ulcer treatment including mouth ulcer gels. Also, it is important that you should look for causes of mouth sores in your case. Well, I found these medicines best.
- Becosules capsules- These b-complex capsules can be taken thrice a day depending upon the severity of your mouth ulcer.
- Candid gel- The gel can be applied when it is becoming extremely difficult for you to eat or drink anything. After application of this medicine for mouth ulcer treatment, the pain will be gone instantly and you can relax and have food. So far the best medicine for mouth ulcer treatment.
- Candid mouth paint- Buy a bottle of this mouth paint and add three tablets of Betnesol in it. Let it mix well. Apply this 4-5 times on the mouth sores or mouth ulers and believe it, your canker sore will vanish in a day or two maximum.
- Oraways gel- This is also a good mouth ulcer gel. It will not hurt you when you apply it and you can breathe easy for some time after its application.
- Smyle mouth ulcer gel- Smyle gel will be able to cure severe mouth ulcers. On applying it, there will be a sense of relief. The taste is fine and you will get instant relief.
- Zytee- Well, this hurts a bit but cures a canker sore in mouth effectively. You can apply this 4-5 times a day.
Use the above home remedies for mouth ulcers as well as medicine for mouth ulcer treatment to prevent the severe mouth ulcers from making your life hell like. These have proven track record to get rid of the pain causing sores in mouth.
Also, let us know which of these ways suited you the best.