Body odor is a result of excessive sweating. While sweating is important to cool the body down, the odor can be really offensive at times. Despite putting deodorants and perfumes, you might not be able to camouflage underarm odor or smelly armpits. Everyone has a body odor, but sometimes it is too strong and smelly and that can be quite embarrassing. Especially, when you are in close proximity to others, they might get put off by your offensive body odor. Often, it is the underarm odor that causes all these issues related to foul body odor. In this article, we will know underarm odor causes and how to avoid smelly armpits using home remedies for underarm odor.
If eye fat or eye bags or acne as well as zits are driving you mad, read Super Tips To Get Rid Of Eye Fat
Perfumes, though cannot kill the body odor completely, yet can give you a nice fragrance sometimes hiding away that foul odor. If you do not want to spend lavishly on some expensive branded perfume, you can learn Perfume Making here in minutes.
Underarm Odor Causes
Let us understand as to what causes this odor in the underarms. Underarms are areas of your body where there is some hair growth and there are sweat glands as well. The warm and moist conditions are ideal for bacteria to thrive. Smelly armpits result when the sweat mixes with the bacteria. It is therefore, important to maintain good hygiene. There are other reasons that can be called underarm odor causes. These include nutrient deficiencies, gastrointestinal problems like chronic constipation etc. Other underarm odor causes are medical problems like genetic metabolic disorders, liver diseases or diabetes.
If you feel body odor problems in your children, check their Metabolic Disorders like Sanfilippo syndrome symptoms here. And for a diabetic patient, who is suffering from underarm odor, controlling diabetes is highly important. Read here How To Lower Blood Sugar Levels Fast.
How to avoid smelly armpits
Sometimes, an underarm odor may be just the consequences of an unhealthy lifestyle habit that we are following blindly. To get rid of this or any kind of body odor, it’s damn important to not just acknowledge this fact but also implement quick changes in it. Maintain cleanliness and hygiene always. While if there is another reason, you need to find it out. Once you know what is causing smelly armpits in your case, you can also look for ways to avoid it. Here are lifestyle habits for how to avoid smelly armpits.
- In most cases, it is a matter of hygiene. Daily baths with gentle soaps or the ones made up with natural ingredients, is very crucial if you want to avoid smelly armpits.
- Regular shaving off the area can solve the problem of most smelly armpits.
- Avoiding to wear clothes that are unwashed or made up with the synthetic material or are tight is also another way to avoid smelly armpits. Properly washed and cleaned loose cotton clothes help the skin to breathe and thus assist in reducing the sweating.
- Angry or stressed out people tend to sweat more and thus smell more. So, keep these issues under control.
- Have nutritious and healthy diet only. Avoid much oily or spicy meals.
- In case the excessive is sweating is due to some other medical reason, it is advised to check with the doctor and take the medicines or treatment prescribed.
However, it is great to sweat while exercising. If you like to do push ups. Read this Common Push Ups Mistakes
- Besides drinking lots of water, quit junk food habits and also thriving too much on coffee, tea, alcohol, tobacco, cigarettes or weed.
If you want to read more about weed or hemp, go here Cannabis Is Harmful
Home remedies for underarm odor
In case you have a strong body odor and there is no medical reason for it, you can follow some of the home remedies for underarm odor. The best of Home remedies for underarm odor have been told here that would certainly help you get rid of the offensive smelly armpits instructing you properly how to avoid smelly armpits.
1. Rub the underarm area with alcohol, vinegar or hydrogen peroxide.
2. Use baking soda or cornstarch like talc. They absorb moisture in the armpits and also kill the odor causing bacteria.
3. Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with a tablespoon of lemon juice and apply to the underarms. Leave it for a few minutes and then wash off. regular use will reduce odor.
4. Baking soda is also helpful for other home based beauty treatments. It can give you a beautiful neck lessening its darkening. Read Baking Soda For Dark Neck here.
5. Rosemary is a natural deodorant. Add half a cup of rosemary to 4 cups of hot water and let is infuse. Add this water to your bath water and soak up for 15-20 minutes. Pat yourself dry. Do this once a day and see the difference.
6. Mix 8 drops of rosemary essential oil in water and apply is under the arms as a deodorant.
7. Apply tomato pulp on the armpits. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash off. Try for a few weeks to see the results.
Besides aiding you with odorless armpits, tomato gives you great skin too, a skin free from whiteheads, acne and blackheads. Read Tomato Uses For Whiteheads here.
Plus, if you are suffering from tanning problems, tomato can help you get rid of it. Read Tomato Uses For Tanning.
8. Make a natural deodorizer by mixing alum (4tsp), baking soda (2 tsp) and 225ml approximately rubbing alcohol. Fill a sprayer with this liquid and spray this liquid in underarms daily after bath.
9. Tea tree oil is a naturally occurring antibacterial and antiseptic oil. Mix two drops of it with very little water and apply it on underarms to relieve yourself of smelly armpits.
10. Witch hazel can very effectively lower down your body’s PH to give no reason to bacteria to prosper. Apply it with a cotton ball to the underarm area daily for odorless armpits.
Try these home remedies for underarm odor regularly to see a difference. And if these great remedies too are unable to help you out, there is no other way to fight underarm odor than consulting a doctor. He/she may circle out some underlying disease telling you exact underarm odor causes and how to avoid smelly armpits in your specific case.
Body fragrance helps you win your man or lady too. Read Dating Tips For Women.